When it comes to most kinds of business solutions, there are the things which you “need” and the things that you “want.” Creating a flexible IT infrastructure often involves stripping down your company to the bare essentials.
Regrettably, you cannot apply the same philosophy to cyber safety. Regarding cyber security solutions, more is always better.
The Various Kinds of Cyber Security Solutions
Unified Threat Management (UTM) — a single all-around resource that can both detect and mitigate threats as they surface online
Risk and compliance management — Businesses today need to concern themselves with regulatory compliance, risk management, and safety auditing. Risk and compliance management suites afford a dedicated and specialised resource to ensure this compliance.
- Authentication providers are critical for identifying and controlling user functions — By limiting and monitoring employee access, you can ensure that potentially malicious users do not gain access to your data.
- Encryption — Encrypted data is protected data. Even if someone stole your encrypted data, the latter would be inaccessible. Thus it is important to encrypt sensitive data before sending it in any manner
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) — Data Loss Prevention solutions ensure that data remains available and accurate.
- Antivirus and antimalware solutions examine your computer system looking for known threats.
- Firewall — control incoming and outgoing connections, to better protect the network from potentially malicious actions.
- Disaster recovery — companies need to have the ability to recover from a disaster quickly. Disaster recovery solutions facilitate the procedure for re-deploying data and requisitioning replacement resources.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention System — these systems serve to recognise any possible hostile activities. The faster a company can identify these issues, the faster they can respond to them.
- Web filtering — 31% of data infringements are actually due to mistakes by employees. Web filtering services protect employees from accidentally accessing potentially bad services, providing an additional layer of security irrespective of their browsing habits.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation — a DDoS attack remains one of the most frequent and devastating attacks on an enterprise, potentially disrupting its whole network or taking down its site. Advanced security solutions can now detect and mitigate DDoS attacks.
So what Does Your Business Need?
By this time, you are probably questioning which of those security solutions your organisation needs. Regrettably, the answer is that modern businesses will need most, if not all, of the above-listed services. Moreover, to make it even more of a challenge, not all these services come bundled together. For this reason, cyber security experts from reputable organisations like “Paraflare” often recommend that businesses opt for a managed service provider (MSPs). These cyber security firms integrate and manage all your web security solutions to make sure your business does not have a gap of vulnerability open to hackers. Rather than having to worry about whether you have got the solutions you require, just leave it to the experts that know what they are doing while you focus on running your business.
Would you like to learn more? Check out websites like https://www.paraflare.com/ that delve more into the matter. They ought to be able to tell you more about how to protect your business online.